Free tax return preparation and filing is just around the corner for families earning low to moderate incomes. United Way of Williamson County’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites will open soon. Any family who earned $66,000 or less during 2017 can receive free help from an IRS-certified tax preparer at GraceWorks Ministries, 104 SE Pkwy, Franklin. The help is available every Tuesday and Thursday from January 31 to April 18 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Here’s how it works:
You may click this link to set up your appointment at GraceWorks or any of the other tax prep locations:
Click Here for Appointment
Or call (615) 830-7940.
Here is what participants need to bring to their appointment:
• Photo ID & last year’s tax return
• Social Security number or ITINs for all family members on return
• W-2s, 1099s and other income statement
• Expenses (child care receipts, education expenses (1098-T), property taxes, mortgage interest, unreimbursed medical expenses, charitable donations, etc.)
• Direct Deposit information
• Healthcare form 1095
• Your spouse, if filing jointly
Last year, more than 1,200 tax returns were prepared through this program in Williamson County.